Thursday, July 11, 2013

Plaza de Mayo and Museo del Bicentenario




Wednesday, July 11

I arrived in Buenos Aires yesterday afternoon. During the short ride from the airport, after 24 hours of traveling, I was thinking about my first activity the next day. After a  tasty dinner -- which of course included steak!!!! -- I decided to rest for the night. My first stop was going to be "The Plaza de mayo" and "Las madres de plaza de mayo." 





Thursday, July 12

Today, it was raining a lot. I left the apartment with the objective of going to El museo del bicentenario which has a permanent small exhibit on the Dirty War. After spending a couple hours there, I decided to go and meet the Madres de la plaza de mayo. Unfortunately, the rain was hard and only a few of them attended the  permanent demonstration. However, I was able to talk to one woman to learn more about her goals and desire to know where her disappeared child is. Also, I made a video (coming soon) of the tiles around the city that people installed to remember all of the war prisoners and the disappeared. Tomorrow, I will visiting two of the former detention camps.


Madres de la Plaza de Mayo

























No comments:

Post a Comment